Monday, July 9, 2007

We Came, We Launched, We got Swamped

Well, I'm sure this is not the first time this has happened, although it's always embarrassing. We made a formal announcement this morning launching TUN3R, press release and all, and things started out pretty modestly.


Then, we got blogged on TechCrunch. I'll admit we were completely taken aback by this as TechCrunch is in many ways the "holy grail" of tech blogs. Well, okay, it's not as mainstream as Walt Mossberg or CNET, but in many regards TechCrunch is more influential. Don' believe me, check out this article in this month's Wired (the Transformer issue):
http://www.wired.com/techbiz/people/magazine/15-07/ff_arrington
So, needless to say things have been a bit hectic, and admittedly this post, and the last post were a bit dry.


That said, starting with our next post, I'd like to get to something a bit more down-to-earth, and actually interesting to read about radio and music itself. So, this brings me to... James Wallace. I'm lucky to know Mr. Wallace, one of the biggest music geeks I've ever known. You've probably never heard of him, but the man is one of those walking encyclopedia's that never ceases to amaze me with his depth and breadth of knowledge of music. He also opened my mind to numerous bands, genres, and sub-genres, and has left me with a lasting interest for new music. However, having a healthy skepticism for all things corporate, he doesn't like to work for "the man", and is instead a respected middle school teacher, so I'm fortunate that he's agreed to write a blog post or two for us.


Stay TUN3D.

No comments: