Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Tuning your mood.

I just made a weird discovery that I thought I'd share with you.

Today was a busy day with lots going on a ton of different angles. My wife was out, and my kids were all over me, when they were supposed to be in bed. I was feeling a little antsy and sat down to do some work. Since I was feeling a bit frazzled, I decided throw on the 'ole TUN3R ;)

Normally when I can't think, I just go for guilty pleasure. In this case, one of the Euro Dance channels. It's pure fast-food, but you're talking to a guy whose favourite meal is Kraft Dinner and a Coke. At any rate, this music wasn't helping me. I got up and started pacing around the room. I needed to do some boring admin work, and just couldn't focus. So I started fiddling around in Live Mode, and eventually landed on a classical station. Within a few seconds I started feeling more sedate and focussed. It was like I took a dose of Ritalin.

One of our ideas with TUN3R is to allow you to play off your mood, and I've had similar experiences like this in the past, but this one was very pronounced.

If any of you have had similar mood altering experiences through music or radio, I'd love to hear about them.

Stay TUN3D,
Neil.

No comments: